[AT] Tractors and other stuff...

John Hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Wed Dec 14 16:08:35 PST 2016

That thresher makes for a fine looking yard ornament! Neat that its a
family machine as well. Too bad its not running, you could try your hand
at threshing canola with it!  The large pulley close to waist high in
the photo is very similar to one we sawed off of a junk Nichols and
Shepard to replace one that had gotten broken on dads. Dad's machine was
headed in from the last batch to thresh and the hitch pin broke, slipped
out or something. Anyway the machine rolled backwards into a road ditch
and laid over on its side. The owner never fixed it and bought a combine
the next year. Believe it or not no sheet metal was damaged but one
large pulley was broken and an adjustment bracket was broken. We welded
the bracket up and the guy we bought the thresher from let us rob the
pulley off the junk machine.

John Hall