[AT] Tractors and other stuff...

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Wed Dec 14 01:13:50 PST 2016

Ralph Goff wrote:
> On 12/13/2016 5:33 PM, John Hall wrote:
>> Old tractors do well sitting outside for decades, providing its not
>> under a tree. The other stuff, where the sheet metal is a MAJOR
>> component, doesn't fair well at all. I think that last recession really
>> cleaned up a lot the last horse drawn and 40's-60's era equipment that
>> got left outside. I can still find newer stuff, and even some fairly old
>> stuff, if you know where to look. But it is a lot harder and most of
>> what you find ain't worth the effort of hauling it home. My focus has
>> changed from getting more old iron to thinning the herd of anything that
>> isn't restored or that we have sentimental value.
> I posted a pic of my grandfather's Red River Special thresher a few days
> ago but I guess the
> list rejected it. I have that one and my other grandfather's Huber
> thresher. They survive the
> outdoor storage pretty well having steel wheels and mostly galvanized
> sheet metal. The wooden
> elevator on the RRS is rotted away. I have it set up on the hill in the
> pasture as a "lawn
> ornament". The Huber is over beside the stone cairn on my grandfather's
> homestead.
> You can  see it on google street view.
>
> Ralph in Sask.

Ralph, do you see your original posts at all? or only if someone replies
to them?
I saw the original picture post and the new one as well.

I ask because there is an option in the mail program that will block
users from receiving a copy of messages they send to the list.

If I enabled it I would only see messages from other ATIS folks and
replies to my posts but not my own original posts.

--
Steve W.