[AT] Garden question

Ronald Cook ron at lakeport-1.com
Thu Aug 4 07:05:21 PDT 2016

My problem with roundup is that it plants weeds!!!!!

I labored hard and spent money to get a nice blue grass and some brome
grass established at my acreage, along the buildings and on the sloped
driveway approaches.  For years I left those areas mature so as to
reseed themselves.  The grass was just great after about 6 or 7 years.
Then along came a different employee of the farmer that farms the ground
and he applied roundup to the approach slopes(I own one side) and all
along my buildings(on my property).  Killed all the grass and now I have
weeds.  After 3 years of intensive work and lots of bitching, I got the
grass back on the approach slope.  Last week the dumb farmer sob sprayed
it with roundup again.  It will be weeds again next year.

I come from farm background and retired from my aerial application
business.  I know about chemicals and weeds, etc.  It is the idiot
neighbors and their Roundup that mess up my world. Farmers found out
they do not have to work anymore to keep the weeds down around their
places.  They just spray a few times a season with roundup and turn
their places brown.  It shows what kind of individual they are.

Ron Cook, Salix, IA