[AT] Garden question

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Aug 4 08:02:43 PDT 2016

On 8/4/2016 8:05 AM, Ronald Cook wrote:
> My problem with roundup is that it plants weeds!!!!!
>

> I come from farm background and retired from my aerial application
> business.  I know about chemicals and weeds, etc.  It is the idiot
> neighbors and their Roundup that mess up my world. Farmers found out
> they do not have to work anymore to keep the weeds down around their
> places.  They just spray a few times a season with roundup and turn
> their places brown.  It shows what kind of individual they are.
>
> Ron Cook, Salix, IA

Ron, I mostly agree with you although I would not want to farm without
Roundup now that we
are so dependent on it. The problem is the irresponsible use, or over
use of it. I have neighbours
that think it is a good idea to spray their fields right up to and
including the fence line between
us. So what used to be a nice clean grassy border that I could cut for
hay has now turned to a
mass of Canada thistle, wild oats and other assorted useless weeds. They
have killed all the grass.
  Thank goodness they have not killed the trees yet but maybe its only a
matter of time.

Ralph in Sask.