[AT] Battery Charger recommendations

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Tue Apr 26 21:49:51 PDT 2016

Spencer,

 Thanks for the tips. One of the reasons I like the Sears DieHard Gold is
that it does have the desulfate mode.  I haven't found that feature in any
of the Schumacher chargers that I  have looked at so far.  I'd like one
charger around here that can handle any of my 6 or 12V  tractors and the 12V
gas or diesel vehicles if needed. But I suspect that I would get another
6/12V small unit just for quick and dirty little jobs. I have my 6/12V unit
from Sears for over 40 years  and probably would still be working if I
hadn't dropped it off the top of Tractor tires so often.  It received more
than its fair share of abuse over the 40 years or so. It didn't owe me a
thing when it finally died. I haven't had time to find out if it could even
be fixed. Spending the winter in AZ and then coming back to a 6 acre place
that has completely gone berserk due to unusually warm weather is not fun at
all, and I'm a cripple with a scheduled knee replacement on May 11th.  I've
got to get things under control here so my wife, family and friends can help
us out while I am recovering. Feeling the pressure.  I have had such poor
luck with Harbor Freight electrical products I shy away from their products
and will buy from them only as  a last resort. But time and  circumstance
will change all attitudes.

Dean VP
Snohomish, WA 98290

It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.