[AT] Spam> Hydraulic Oil Ffoaming

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Tue Sep 15 09:00:02 PDT 2015

Dennis,  Bo's advice is sound but one thing you can
look for.  If it sits completely unused until you get back to it,
before you start it up take the drain plug out.  The fluid will
have had time to completely settle out and if there is water
in the system it will come pouring out first, followed by the oil.
If you drain it like that and let some of the oil out, then put the
plug back in, top it off and try it and see if the problems is gone
or improved.

I don't have a lot of MF experience but I've had water get into the
hydraulics on my Allis tractors and was able to get it out using this
method.
I agree with Bo, changing it out is good advice.  Either way drain it before
you ever start it up and the water and crud should come out first.

Charlie