[AT] Just checking....

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 22:34:28 PDT 2015

I've never had a problem with a tire slipping on the rim. It was usually
more problem getting the bead to push out completely. Those tires must be
pretty loose. I recall Diana's younger brother's Muncie IN drag racing days
in a bright yellow Plymouth Duster and the ring of screws around the rim.
I have mounted a lot of used tubeless tires with rough beads and on many of
those I kept sheets of vulcanizing rubber that I would cut into strips
about an inch wide and cemented (rubber cement) into the corner of the rim.
As the bead pressed against it that formed into a new seal point for the
bead. I don't know if that would be enough to lock it in place to prevent
slipping on a loose fit tractor rim though.

--

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"
robinson46176 at gmail.com