[AT] checking.now vulcanizing

Herb Metz metz-h.b at comcast.net
Sat Oct 31 23:55:14 PDT 2015

Farmer & Others,
Back in the 40's, Dad fixed many a flat with a vulcanized patch (1' x 2'
oblong); scuffed the area, brushed on a little gooey(?), placed the patch
which was in a metal container with 1/4" high wall and also contained a
brown fuzzy, clamped the patch to the tube, then struck a match and pressed
it into the tube as it started to light.  The brown fuzzy burned/smoked and
that vulcanized/sealed the patch to the tube. This type repair never failed.
Is this type of tube repair still around?Herb