[AT] Turbochargers

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Wed Nov 11 03:10:13 PST 2015

It  has its own oil supply line, but when on the trailer, if air would
flow through the exhaust pipe which was curved and open to the front,
and both valves open on one cylinder (one valve head broken off the
other bent severely) then the turbo would be spinning without oil being
supplied to the bearings.   The lack of power is what really worries
me.  It is as if the governor is wide open.  There is no reserve power
when pulling the baler.  There is the possibility that it is leaking air
into the fuel through the quick connector.  The squeak just does not
sound like a belt, it sounds metallic.  It is a 4 hr job and between
$600-$1500 for a turbo rebuild.

Cecil in OKla