[AT] Turbochargers

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Tue Nov 10 16:03:51 PST 2015

Does anyone have experience with turbochargers with bad bearings?
My TS110 ( The money Pit ) has a chirping/squeak at mid throttle after
starting and until it has run for 10 minutes or more.  I have replaced
all belt idlers and pulleys up front thinking that was the problem.
When it was hauled to the stealership, the exhaust pipe was not taped
shut.  When I later  removed the head, I found that the #4 exhaust valve
head was laying in the cylinder.  And I hate to admit it, but when I
hauled it home, I did not tape the exhaust shut either.  I was very
frustrated trying to load it in the 100 deg heat and humidity with a
bunch of idiots for help.  After I removed the head at home, I found the
valve damage.  Now that I hear the squeak, I also seem to have a lack of
power, and also more smoke than I noticed before.  It also has an air
leak in the fuel lines.  It is one of the most idiotic designs I have
seen for a fuel pump system. The system is under suction from 1 ft
behind the injection pump all the way back to the fuel tank..  The quick
connector at the sediment bowl up front needs an odd sized O-Ring.  New
Holland does not list it.  I tried to match it up, but it still leaks.

Cecil in OKla

---