[AT] Stepfather's collection

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Wed May 6 18:53:45 PDT 2015

If you are looking to liquidate the majority of it, auction is the way to
go. Get a couple auctioneers to take a look at it and give you an estimate.
Hard to say whether to go with an auctioneer that specializes in farm
equipment or one that deals primarily in antiques and collectibles (if you
go that route be sure they deal in farm antiques). If you have enough items,
maybe do 2 auctions--one for modern working equipment and the other for
antiques.

You've got some nice stuff, you've also got some things that are probably
going to go for scrap value. A lot of old equipment is just not worth the
investment to restore it unless you are doing it for sentimental reasons.
Did he collect small items such as wrenches, corn shellers, cast iron seats?
Some of those items can get pretty pricey. With all that equipment, did he
have a decent shop? Shop equipment sells pretty darn well also.

John Hall