[AT] Stepfather's collection

Grant Brians sales at heirloom-organic.com
Fri May 22 10:25:01 PDT 2015

On 5/6/2015 6:53 PM, jtchall at nc.rr.com wrote:
> If you are looking to liquidate the majority of it, auction is the way to
> go. Get a couple auctioneers to take a look at it and give you an estimate.
> Hard to say whether to go with an auctioneer that specializes in farm
> equipment or one that deals primarily in antiques and collectibles (if you
> go that route be sure they deal in farm antiques). If you have enough items,
> maybe do 2 auctions--one for modern working equipment and the other for
> antiques.
>
> You've got some nice stuff, you've also got some things that are probably
> going to go for scrap value. A lot of old equipment is just not worth the
> investment to restore it unless you are doing it for sentimental reasons.
> Did he collect small items such as wrenches, corn shellers, cast iron seats?
> Some of those items can get pretty pricey. With all that equipment, did he
> have a decent shop? Shop equipment sells pretty darn well also.
>
> John Hall

I spotted the 1962 or 1963 Studebaker GT Hawk of the same color scheme
as mine in the pictures! I would love to have that but with the
collection in Colorado rather than local to me.... Those Fairlane
hardtop retractable convertibles are pretty amazing too in that I have
never seen that many in one location.
               Grant Brians
               Hollister,California vegetable, nuts and fruit farmer