[AT] OT winch as feeder drive gear motor

Paul Waugh paul at plwaugh.com
Sun Mar 1 13:15:46 PST 2015

I did it. Using a cheap 2000 lb. winch I made a electric jack for my 12 ton
trailer. I left the original drum on so I did not have to mess with a new
bearing set up.  I could not find an inexpensive sprocket with the right
size bore. I got one close, drilled and tapped it, then cut it in half.
Never had to key it. I can get a lot of weight on the front, so I geared
mine down. That was in 08 and still working.

Paul