[AT] OT winch as feeder drive gear motor

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Mar 1 06:34:01 PST 2015

OK, I am asking this as I would think one of you guys has had one of
these cheap winches apart.  Those 2500 lb Harbor freight winches is what
I am talking about.   I need to slow down the auger on my Bar-6 feed
dispenser.  They make a belt drive jackshaft for slowing down the
auger.  I can't get a real price as to what it would be for the
jackshaft with shipping but it s about $200
I keep thinking there should be some way to replace the winch drum with
a sprocket and chain drive the auger with one of these $59 winches with
the remote control.  Has anyone had one of these apart to figure out how
to fasten something to the winch drum?

Cecil in OKla