[AT] olest

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sun Mar 1 09:37:41 PST 2015

The reason I have that old B is worth telling.
I used to have business dealings with a lady
who knew I had Allis Chalmers tractors.  Her
husband owned a hardware store and had taken
the old B for a bad debt he had been trying to collect.
His wife told me he wanted to sell it to get his money
so I went to see him.  I asked him how much he
wanted for it.  He reached up and got his account
book and said something along the lines of...
"let's see... $34.12"  I don't remember the exact amount
but that is close.  It was well below 50 bucks so
it followed me home.   The debtor had given him
the tractor to satisfy the debt.  I couldn't believe that
he sold me the tractor for what he was owed.
I guess he figured if he charged me more than that
he'd be obliged to give the difference to the former owner.

Charlie