[AT] Actual tractor content - New Holland TC33D

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Mar 5 16:56:06 PST 2015

On 3/5/2015 3:31 PM, Herb Metz wrote:
> Ralphs post reminds me of trying to walk on snows that were wind driven. To
> step forward you raise your foot enough to clear the snow, then advance it a
> foot length or so, then you step down on that foot; and the crust on that
> hard snow will support your foot. Good.  Now you shift your weight to that
> foot so you can raise the other foot so you can continue your advance.
> Sometime during that process the hardened snow under your advanced foot
> gives way.  You are lucky if you can keep your balance; also time consuming,
> and considerable more work involved than walking is soft snow of similar
> depth.
> And one can't even make snowballs/snowmen out of such snow.  Herb(GA)
I know what you mean Herb. That is some hard walking for sure. But the
drifts I had here
today were plenty hard enough to support me. Of course I have the
advantage of light weight
  and big feet :-). In fact they supported the tractor and snow blower
at times. I eventually got
  it shaved down after several trips in high reverse.

Ralph in Sask.