[AT] Actual tractor content - New Holland TC33D

Herb Metz metz-h.b at comcast.net
Thu Mar 5 13:31:48 PST 2015

Ralphs post reminds me of trying to walk on snows that were wind driven. To
step forward you raise your foot enough to clear the snow, then advance it a
foot length or so, then you step down on that foot; and the crust on that
hard snow will support your foot. Good.  Now you shift your weight to that
foot so you can raise the other foot so you can continue your advance.
Sometime during that process the hardened snow under your advanced foot
gives way.  You are lucky if you can keep your balance; also time consuming,
and considerable more work involved than walking is soft snow of similar
depth.
And one can't even make snowballs/snowmen out of such snow.  Herb(GA)