[AT] Cecil, Latin, words and tractors

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 07:11:16 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 9:24 AM, Grant Brians <sales at heirloom-organic.com>
wrote:

> Cecil, I envy both you and my mother who partly got her scholarship to
> USC based on her four years of Latin and the terrific Latin teacher at
> her high school here in California. On the other hand I did four years
> of Spanish and read and speak it nearly fluently. But then I use Spanish
> 6 days a week too once again after a number of years of infrequent use.
> When I worked in the Tech business, I was the one in preference to our
> Mexican-American employees who handled most of the Spanish language
> technical calls and also taught several classes in Brazil in
> "tri-lingual format" - my speaking Spanish and English and the students
> speaking Portuguese and English....

I would be happy to be fluent in "American English"...
I am some what fluent in UK English and I speak a few words of Australian.
 :-)

One of the harder dialects to master is east KY and TN from above certain
elevations.

I speak decent basic math but hardly a word of algebra...
I understand very basic geometry but to me calculus is a bony foot growth.
I wanted to learn more but after I heard that Mobius (who apperantly wasn't
quite sure how to spell his name) was going to strip I got out of the math
department before I got in trouble...

.

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"