[AT] Oil dry / Rural King / And even more O.T. stuff

Dave Rotigel rotigel at me.com
Fri Feb 27 18:14:52 PST 2015

Hi John,
	The 16' live oak log was about 24 inches at the butt when I started on Wed. I'm down to about 7' now and my guess on the dia. now is about 20". That live oak is the hardest "stuff" I've ever cut. It takes about 18 minutes to make one cut. I go through a poplar log of that size in about 7 minutes at home in PA. On the other hand, 18 minutes is about the time it takes to down a 16 oz Old Mil, so it's not all bad!
	Dave
PS, Like you, I find that everything I cut is hauled away. (Tables, Clocks, Cutting Boards or whatever.) I had one woman ask me if I could speed up the saw because she didn't have the time to wait around. I smiled and asked her if she would like a cup of coffee. I think she must have been from Naples!