[AT] Fwd: pull type corn shellers?

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Tue Dec 8 18:41:54 PST 2015

There are still lots of pickers around here still, though until the deer
feeding craze began they sat in a fence-row or under a shed for the last 40
years. My Dearborn is the fanciest one I have ever seen. It has a set of
husking rollers that help pull off the shuck. The corn is picked, drops into
a hopper at the back where a beater knocks it onto a short conveyor that
drops it on a set of 4 rubber covered rollers with a floating conveyor that
holds the corn down on the rollers and feeds it to the front of the machine.
There it lands on a flapper that flips it onto the wagon elevator. If you
wait too late to pick, it does plenty of shelling for you! Dad says it is
actually one of the better pickers he has been around. Fun to run, until its
time to shovel out the wagon!

John Hall