[AT] More Ford Jubilee Adventures

Mogrits mogrits at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 16:47:42 PDT 2015

So this just gets sillier.

I installed the brand new looking solenoid on the tractor as mentioned in
another thread and got not even a click. I tested it and the starter switch
and it turns out I had a bad "new" solenoid saved for all these years.

I go to get the ATV to pull the tractor backwards a few feet in high gear
to free the starter, assuming it is stuck. Of course the ATV battery is
dead and whatnot but that's a different story. I find a lot of rope and
simply pull the tractor with my truck. (Bush-hog is hitched at the time).

Try the starter again and nothing from the solenoid so I track one down at
O Reilly's and install and it works and the tractor spins but there is NO
SPARK.

I reset/recheck the new points gap and test all my wiring connections with
my flukemeter. Still no spark. I go get the MGB condenser again and install
it and lo and behold it fires again.

So, I got a bad condenser from NAPA of all places. The parts house I
normally depend on.

I said screw it and ordered a Pertronix 1244A ignition system and their
40,000 volt coil. Life is too short for this cheap parts rodeo.

Warren