[AT] OT-now GPS

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 07:49:13 PDT 2015

I forgot to mention (I use the word "forgot" a lot these days) that at one
time years ago when I was spraying some chemical or the other (I don't
recall which one) before disking the field that I made a disk marker that I
mounted on the tractor so I could see where I was at. The sprayer was not
extremely wide back then. I had the sprayer on the 3 point of the Farmall
Super M and had the New Idea loader on the front. The loader made a good
counter weight for the sprayer tank. The marker was attached to the loader
main frame on the right side at the center of the tractor and was a fairly
long pipe with the marker disk out at the end. The disk was pulled forward
by the tractor by a chain that ran at about a 45 degree angle back from the
right edge of the loader bucket. When the tank needed filling I just
unhooked the chain and pulled a pin at the loader frame and left the long
marker in the field while I filled the tank. It worked pretty well
actually. Once when spraying some dry stubble it didn't mark too well so I
just dragged a log chain about 12' long and that was pretty easy easy to
see.
The marker was not long enough to reach center to center like a corn
planter but reached far enough that I could tell where I had sprayed OK.

--

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"
robinson46176 at gmail.com