[AT] OT-now GPS

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Apr 8 07:59:46 PDT 2015

On 4/8/2015 8:28 AM, Cecil R Bearden wrote:
> Ralph:
> I have one of those EZ guide systems and I have not figured it out
> completely yet.   There is also a lot of ground clutter here which
> causes me to lose signal a lot.  I am going to use mine as the receiver
> antenna to connect to a system by Josh Heupel in Canada. He has
> developed a system for a low cost and it runs on a laptop.   I bought a
> solid state drive netbook.  The screen is a lot easier for me to see.
>
> I started doing my own spraying because the one that sprays here uses a
> 60 ft boom on a terragator, and the boom is 4 ft off the ground at the
> middle.
>
> Cecil in OKla

Cecil, here a 60 foot sprayer like mine is considered too small for
most. I am looking for a
newer one but its hard find anything decent late model pull type under
90 feet. Some of
the big operators around me are running with 120 feet and fast! All auto
steer and likely
auto boom shut off.  Quarter million dollar sprayers are hard to justify
on a small farm.
My Ezee Guide 500 has the bigger screen , cost more than the little
screen but I need to
see what I'm doing and that little 4 inch screen just would not work for
my eyes. Signal
seems pretty strong and consistent for me. I always used the "contour"
setting since all
my fields are cut up by sloughs. I don't even try the "A-B" line method
but I guess it works
for some.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP4WEr4N2ag

Ralph in Sask.