[AT] OT-now GPS

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Wed Apr 8 07:28:48 PDT 2015

Ralph:
I have one of those EZ guide systems and I have not figured it out
completely yet.   There is also a lot of ground clutter here which
causes me to lose signal a lot.  I am going to use mine as the receiver
antenna to connect to a system by Josh Heupel in Canada. He has
developed a system for a low cost and it runs on a laptop.   I bought a
solid state drive netbook.  The screen is a lot easier for me to see.

I started doing my own spraying because the one that sprays here uses a
60 ft boom on a terragator, and the boom is 4 ft off the ground at the
middle.  \Out ground is rough and when you run 15 mph like they do, the
boom is jumping up and down and misses a lot due to the fan of the spray
nozzles.  He only charges $3 per acre tto spray, but when I do it with
my little 24 ft pull type sprayer,  I get a lot better affect.  I make
sure I stay downwind of the liquid when filling and wear rubber gloves
when working on the sprayer, or filling...  I keep a box of gloves in
the tractor cab.  I believe by using reasonable care, a fellow can
prevent a lot of chemical problems.    I also found that when using
2-4-D, to mix it with a 1gallon/acre tank mix of 38% nitrogen.  It makes
the weeds take on the chemical a lot faster and gives that herbicide an
extra punch.   In fact I can use the minimum amount of chemical when
adding nitrogen.

Cecil in OKla