[AT] Disk Plow or One-Way Plow

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Sep 14 19:39:41 PDT 2014

Well,  when I unhooked the Allis disk to try the Roto tiller, the gang
that had the loose bearing now had a broken axle.  It looks to be a 1
inch round axle.  Not so bad to repair when I get a round Tuit.  Sure
wish it was working now....    I got the 7030 Allis resurrected from the
dead and tried to hook up the roto tiller.  The tiller is Category 2 but
is not wide enough for the lift arms on the 7030.  So, I thought I would
ook up the 4-16 semi-mount and try it...   The 7030 has cast iron
stabilizer blocks.  One side of the blocks is missing, so if the plow
swivels right when I raise it, I shear off 3 bolt heads that hold the
draw bar bracket or just really screw up good lift arms.   This tractor
has not been used much on 3  pt implements. The drawbar has a 1/2 in
plate added to level up the wear in the swinging drawbar
bracket...!!!!!!!!  I went down to try and hook up to a 4-16 drag
plow...   It had 3 flats, but the tires were not rotted.  On the way
back to the shop, I remembered why I parked the Allis 4 years ago.  The
seat must have bottomed out 25 times in 200 yards of travel over some
slightly rough ground.   I bought a seat for it, but it ended up in the
New Holland when the Air ride crapped out.  The Allis has a seat that
bolts to the back of the cab.  It hinges just like every other D@#$%^&
Allis tractor since 1925.  I got a kink in my back as a child on a WD
Allis, and this brought back those bad memories....   Hy-Capacity has a
bracket for $60 to mount a conventional seat on the Allis cab.  I think
it is a bit high, but working in that close quarters is a real pain for
me, and $60 for something that will fit the first time is not too
bad....  I will order the bracket tomorrow morning...

So, I parked the 7030and put the Belarus under the shade tree ( my
outdoor shop) After removing the seat and the access panel in the cab
floor, I found the broken cable that operates the 3 point.   I also
marveled at how simple the 3 pt. lift is on the Belarus.  A double
acting cylinder with both hyd connections at the rod end is the cylinder
for the lift.  To rebuild it, you pull the pins and rebuild it.  No
removing the top deck, etc.  The draft and position is controlled by
linkage connected to the top link and the lift arms.  The trouble spot
is the linkage needs to be lubricated.  They provided a small access
panel in the large one to do this....  The cable was not the easiest
thing to change, but  if I did not have size 2xl hands and a bad leg and
hands that go numb when trying to work on close things, it would have
been a 20 minute chore.  It was a 2 Dr. Pepper and a sandwich job.  I
could work faster if I did not have to put never seize or Kroil on every
bolt I put back also....  I also recovered the seat cushions and
lubricated the seat slides and tried to straighten the seat bracket and
replace a broken bolt..The seat and the bracket were installed in
Milwaukee, and are the weak points.  Anything installed in the USA on a
Belarus is a problem point.    The Russians build things to last....

It was sundown when I finished and then had to check the cows, so I did
not get to hook up the tiller to the Belarus.  The lift now works, so if
is doesn't rain, I'll give it a go tomorrow.   I hope to get this 30
acres sowed before the snow flies....

It is so nice to have work...  It is even nicer to be able to work.......

Cecil n OKla