[AT] NH TS110 engine noise.

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sat Sep 13 20:32:48 PDT 2014

Herb:
Many times I have been told if you ask me what time is is I would
probably tell you how to build a watch.....  I worked in the field of
Dam Safety for the state of OK for 30 years and this included a lot of
forensic engineering to really determine what happened during a storm,
flood, or dam failure.  That  is why sometimes I look for the little
things like dealer stickers, bracket imprints in the paint, tire wear or
type, etc.  When I bought this tractor, I was in a hurry, this was the
nicest tractor I had been in in years, it felt like it had more power
than most I owned, and it was within the amount I had n the bank...  I
paid too much for it but I got rid of that glorified pile of junk called
a CIH JX85...

back to your original question....   if you will go go Google Earth or
just google Lat 35.685633, Long -97.695958 you will note 2 homes at the
north end of an 80 acre property 1/4 mile E-W and 1/2 mile N-S.  The
earth has tilted some on its axis due to the amount of Iron on this
property.    If you go NE across the intersection of Morgan & Ash or
NW220 to another 160 acres, I rent that SW/4 of that section.  If you go
1/4 mile South of that same intersection and across the road East I rent
100 acres in that NW/4 of that section.   My wheat field is a clay soil
that is either too wet or too dry to do anything with.  The places I
rent are probably 10 times better than my place.  I don't think Dad ever
looked at the soil when he bought this place....  I cut hay on these
rental places, and cut hay on shares on 25 acres about 1/4 mile south of
my south line, and another 40 acres 3/4 mile west and 1.5 miles South of
my home...  I farm about 30 acres in wheat and sometimes  try to no-till
wheat or a small grain on these rental places.  However No-till just
does not give any pasture here...

If you go South about 50 miles to Lat 35.098959, long -97.903532, I own
230 acres in 2 sections between the railroad and the N2980 road I think
the road is called.  That land is a rolling loamy sand with 3 creeks and
7 ponds.  That is the place I grew up on and took back from the renter
this last fall.

I just drove over the ground with the 4 wheeler that  I ran the 8 ft
roto tiller on and it was so mellow I have never seen the soil like
that.  This incorporated the drilling fluids with the clay soil I have.
It looks like it had been limed...   I think I will just roto-till the
wheat field and plant it this year.  I got the 7030 Allis running and
hopefully it will run the roto tiller to finish....  At 130 hp it won't
have any load...Too bad I don't have a 1000 pto adapter for it and I
would run the engine at 1/2 speed to roto till.....

Cecil in OKla