[AT] A commentary on how to win friends and influence people at tractor shows

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed Oct 8 23:53:34 PDT 2014

Well, for one thing this was in a very rural part of western MD where folks
are more like the us in the southeast than in the
Northeast and it wasn't that the guy was extraordinarily loud.  It was more
about his attitude and his use of the personal
pronoun.  You would have thought he was trying out for the part of God
himself in the movie "The Ten Commandments".
That is not even an appropriate analogy because God has a right to be
arrogant and condescending if the need so arises.
There was no reason for this guy to do so.  Neither the situation nor his
position  (one often occupied by small kids at some
shows) justified it.  In fact he didn't need to be there at all.  It was
obvious where a car needed to go at that point.
You couldn't go right, straight took you straight out the gate (which is
where I wanted to go) and left was into the
parking lot.   Don't misunderstand,  I was not fuming mad about it.  I just
didn't appreciate his approach and it put a
bad taste in my mouth for that otherwise fine show and I figured someone at
the show should know about it.  Maybe the
message will get there.

Charlie