[AT] ZTR mower follow up

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sat May 3 08:53:55 PDT 2014

Ralph it's pretty much the same here.  I have a couple of small areas
of turf grass but most of my place is heavily wooded with oaks that
not much will grow beneath.  I live in a place that used to be remote
and is now surrounded with town folks with fancy houses and lawns to
match.  I guess they'll be glad when I'm gone.    They all manicure their
places and some of them seem to catch every leaf that falls in autumn
one at a time before they can cover the ground.   The only thing I do to
leaves and small twigs is mow them into oblivion with the mower.  I figure
if mother nature didn't want them on the ground they wouldn't be there.

It's finally turned nice here except we're having too much rain.
I have some tomatoes planted and growing and my potatoes are starting
to come up.  I've got to get busy on the rest of the garden.

Crops here are generally behind due to both cold weather and wet weather.
Even when the farmers wanted to get in the field they couldn't.

Charlie