[AT] Hot Bulb Engine (tractor)

DDSS ddss at telebeep.com
Sun May 4 10:34:03 PDT 2014

My son in Chicago called me. A neighbor has an old tractor that he no longer
wants and asked my son if he would like to have it.  The neighbor says it's
a 1939 Bosch hot bulb tractor.  My son says he's not sure the tractor is
Bosch but for sure the engine is.  The neighbor uses a blow torch to start
it. It uses #6 diesel.

My son said the tractor is too large to fit through the door to his barn
(his Boomer w/cab just barely clears the top of the door opening).  He says
this old tractor is really big.  I cannot wait to see the pictures.

I cannot find a single hit on the internet for a Bosch tractor.  Anyone know
if Bosch ever made a tractor?

Any experience with hot bulb engines?

Thanks

Dick