[AT] ZTR mower follow up

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat May 3 07:52:09 PDT 2014

On 5/3/2014 6:55 AM, charlie hill wrote:
> Oh I know,  our so called "River Keeper" spends a lot of
> time in an airplane up your way looking for some farmer to
> blame for something when his own manicured lawn slopes
> directly into the Neuse River.
Don't forget to spray on plenty of 2-4D in case a dreaded dandelion
should show up to spoil that perfect green lawn. Sarcasm intended. My
lawn is all natural here. Not even planted. Just nature's own prairie
grass or whatever else chooses to grow. I mow it all down with the
little John Deere, dandelions and all and I will say it looks pretty
darn good to me. Plus I can walk on it without worrying I am picking up
toxic chemicals on my boots.
Now if it would just warm up enough for the grass to start growing!
Freezing this morning at 30 degrees. I tried putting some fence pickets
in yesterday but hit frost a few inches down and could not drive those
pickets down even with the big hammer. Late spring in Sask.

Ralph in Sask.