[Farmall] Mike Sloane

ebony51 at frontiernet.net ebony51 at frontiernet.net
Fri Jul 25 06:34:14 PDT 2014

Jim,  Thanks for sharing this with the group.   The publication gives all a better idea of Mike's contributions to his local community.  He will be missed.

Larry

Larry Hardesty
Kearney, Nebraska

 I can echo the same
 thoughts several of you have already stated.  Mike will
 certainly be missed by many people.  I am
 going to repeat here (without
 additional
 edits) the comments I made on the farmallcub web site:

 I considered Mike to be a good
 friend, although we never met face to face.
 He was one of the early members of the original
 ATIS mailing list.  Cubs and
 other
 machinery were only one of his wide variety of interests.
 The ATIS
 Cub FAQ was originally written by
 Bob Brooks.  However, Mike and I reviewed
 and edited the contents before it was
 published.  A number of "standard
 practices" posted on this site have had
 the benefit of Mike's contributions.

 Mike was heavily involved with his community
 (another topic that he and I
 discussed on
 occasion).  Take a look on page 10 of this publication.
 It was
 written last winter after his health
 forced him to resign from his position
 as
 Councilman in Allamuchy Township.  It will give you some
 idea of his
 contributions to his
 community.

 http://pvpoa.org/docs/January%202014%20Panther.pdf