[AT] Rewinch batteries

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Feb 24 21:55:26 PST 2014

On 2/24/2014 7:49 PM, charlie hill wrote:
> Interstate might be ok for some folks and I admit I haven't used one
> in many years but when I used to be on the road about 40,000 miles a
> year the guy that serviced my truck carried Interstate batteries and I
> NEVER had acceptable service from them.
I think buying a battery is about like buying a lottery ticket. I have
have had a few go bad before their time but I have had a few that defy
the usual life span of a normal battery. The original one in my Honda
trike for one. I have a set of Case IH batteries in my Magnum tractor
that I installed in 2000 and they still started the tractor last fall on
one of the coldest days I have ever had to start it. Got a set in the
combine either a year older or newer than the tractor still working too.
Delco has usually been pretty good. Got an old Power Surge six volt on
the Cockshutt 40 that has to be ten or more years old. Still gets me
through the winter.

Ralph in Sask.