[AT] JD 318

Dennis Johnson moscowengnr at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 16 11:09:42 PST 2014

One other thing to check is to make sure the breathers are working, and temperature is not building up pressure inside of the crankcase and trying to force oil out.
My 318 is leaking at the lift cylinders, and also the steering cylinder, just because they are OLD. You might check these places also.
Be careful if you tear into an old engine. I was pulling heads on one of these some time back, and because of corrosion on the head bolts where the end of the bolt was exposed, 3 or more head bolts broke off in the aluminum block. Did not have time to try to get bolt bolt ends out. Now I have got a re power engine on it.
If someone is interested in the Oman engine I took off, let me know. Was running when I pulled it, so hard parts are good.

Thanks
Dennis

Sent from my iPad