[AT] been collecting a long time

toma at risingnet.net toma at risingnet.net
Fri Aug 29 20:05:04 PDT 2014

Quoting Grant Brians <sales at heirloom-organic.com>:

> I too cultivated in the 1970's with a horse drawn cultivator some.

I think I started growing Enlish Peas in 1970. I cultivated with a
single row cultivator and single horse. Nothing does a better job of
cultivating peas.

Old Maude only would go about 50 feet and want to stop for a while. I
traded her to a guy who liked horses better than tractors for an AC
Model M.

Later I found a 4 row cultivator made to be pulled with a team. It had
2 wheels that the rider could steer with a foot treadle. I set up the
planter for 26" rows. The wide gauge D2 fit the rows perfectly. My son
would ride the cultivator. We ran the rows up and down the hills. We
could cover a lot of acres in a hurry with that rig in 3rd gear.