[AT] The way they sound

Dean Vinson dean at vinsonfarm.net
Fri Aug 1 05:12:39 PDT 2014

Dean VP wrote:

> It is obvious that you are delusional and need to spend more
>  time on the 620!  :-) Maybe a visit to a Counselor would help!  :-)

Dean, you may be right.  I'll be sure to spend more time on the 620, likely
beginning today!    Of course, an off-list friend of mine advises me that
the duplex-carburetion 620 just doesn't have the musical beat of his 1950 A,
so perhaps I need to spend time on one of those also.

Ralph Goff wrote:

>  from what little I have heard those Olivers sound plenty smooth
> too. Of course I am also a bit biased toward the Buda six cylinders
> in my Cockshutts... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuqkgJUVGKM

Ralph, no argument at all about the Buda sixes, and I've always admired
Cockshutt and that classic styling of the 20, 30, and 40 series tractors.
By the way, that's a very nice looking radiator shroud on your 40 in that
video.  :)

John Hall wrote:

> I think it is time for you to upgrade to a 4020 diesel

John, the 4020 has a permanent spot on my "someday" list, no doubt.  It's
become a running joke with my fiancee:   Whenever she mentions some chore
she needs to do, I say something like "That'd be an excellent job for a John
Deere 4020 with the [tulip planting attachment] [steam cleaning attachment]
[weed-pulling attachment] [etc]."

Dean Vinson
Saint Paris, Ohio