[AT] Stumbling along (was Re: email test

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Thu Apr 24 21:41:48 PDT 2014

jtchall at nc.rr.com wrote:
> What I'm looking at getting rid of now is a mid sized thresher, grain
> binder, corn binder, and a couple of Oliver Superior grain drills. All the
> equipment is operational but the grain binder needs 2 of the canvas repaired
> and the knotter on the corn binder needs tinkering. All are shed kept items
> that I do not want to see go to the scrap yard or become yard ornaments. If
> I can't move the grain drills to a deer hunter for food plots, I'll probably
> cut them up, not that I want to but to get them out of the way, I really
> need shed space.
>
> Years ago I saw potato diggers up at Leinbachs, new and used. They have
> moved from Winston Salem to East Bend I think. I called them looking for a
> corn planter this year and the fellow tells me they pretty much are out of
> the used equipment business, that used to be the largest portion of their
> business. Still might be worth wasting a phone call.
>
> John

Got any Amish in the area? Mention to them what you have and some
prices. Lot's of the ones around here still use "old" equipment that can
be horse drawn. I am in the process of rebuilding a small horse drawn
single row cultivator at the moment for the neighbor. It got run over by
a dozer during the flooding. Mostly heat and beat but I'm also repairing
the adjusters, adding steel handles and a new front guide wheel.

--
Steve W.