[AT] JD B Problems: More Info

Brian VanDragt bvandragt at comcast.net
Mon Sep 2 20:10:29 PDT 2013

Steve,
Some gears should be turning with the pulley even when it is in neutral.
The gears that are turning will not be meshed with another gear to make the
wheels turn though.  When the shifter forks move gears in line with each
other, then the power will continue to the wheels.  Do you have the top
shifter cover off so you can see what is going on?  If you have the top
cover off, use a pry bar to try to move the forks.  If the forks are rusted
to the shafts or the detents are rusted, you won't get any movement.  If
something is out of place, you would probably see some movement in the forks
until something else interferes.  When you turn the pulley by hand, do the
wheels want to turn?

Brian