[AT] OT - pressure washers

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed Oct 16 15:55:05 PDT 2013

David,  the pressure is the key thing.
Pressure washers over 3000 psi get expensive.
Those under 2500 are very limited in their capability
when removing tough stuff like 80 years worth of grease and dirt.
However, when washing wood work or vinyl siding you don't really
want too much pressure because it damages surfaces.  Of course
you can manage that by backing away with the nozzle.

The next thing is gallons per minute at the rated pressure.  Higher
obviously is better.
I suspect the best advice I can give you is to do a lot of shopping online
and compare features until you get a feel for it.   Look at the big box web
sites and
at places like Northern and also even Harbor Freight.

Someone else might have better advice.  I guess we could get into brand
names
and types of pumps, etc. but for a unit you don't intend to use very often I
think
the main concern is to get one that is decent quality at a fair price and
take care of it.
Make sure no water is left in it during the winter or pump RV antifreeze
through it.

Charlie