[AT] JD AR

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Jun 22 18:47:42 PDT 2013

On 6/22/2013 2:10 PM, Tyler Juranek wrote:
> Hi Ralph,
> I verry much appreciated your message about the history on your AR.
> My JD A, Row Crop, was bought new by my Great Grandfather in 1936 on steel.
> After Great Grandpa past away in 1986, my grandfather was given the old JD.
> He later gave it to my father, Gary, who restored it. He put it in
> storage for about three years. In October, 2011, dad and I went to get
> it out of storage. Another guy got it runnin for us and dad give it to
> me.
> It is sitting in another guy's shop waiting for me to go back and put
> it together.
> Then it'll run real good!
> I'll let you all know when it's done.
> Hey Ralph, do you have a vidio on youtube of your AR being started or
> driven around?
> Take Care,
> Tyler Juranek
Tyler, those antique tractors are always worth more to us when they have
been in the family for years and we know the story. My uncles bought
this one used in the mid sixties so I got to see it and work around it
for years. Among other chores it was their wood sawing tractor so I got
to hear that rythmic two cylinder beat many winter days when I helped
them saw firewood into stove lengths. I don't know how my uncle managed
to keep the driveway open with a 7 foot blade on that little AR but he
did for years.
Regarding youtube, yes I have several there that might contain the AR .
Two that I know for sure are this short driving one,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zukVCP9jNeE
And then it gets started up in this video, along with a few other
miscellaneous machines in my shed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPYwaNErwT4

Ralph in Sask.