[AT] JD AR

Tyler Juranek tylerpolkaman at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 13:10:52 PDT 2013

Hi Ralph,
I verry much appreciated your message about the history on your AR.
My JD A, Row Crop, was bought new by my Great Grandfather in 1936 on steel.
After Great Grandpa past away in 1986, my grandfather was given the old JD.
He later gave it to my father, Gary, who restored it. He put it in
storage for about three years. In October, 2011, dad and I went to get
it out of storage. Another guy got it runnin for us and dad give it to
me.
It is sitting in another guy's shop waiting for me to go back and put
it together.
Then it'll run real good!
I'll let you all know when it's done.
Hey Ralph, do you have a vidio on youtube of your AR being started or
driven around?
Take Care,
Tyler Juranek

On 6/22/13, Ralph Goff <alfg at sasktel.net> wrote:
> On 6/22/2013 11:51 AM, charlie hill wrote:
>> Paul if you think it's not odd ball try to buy a set of them.
>> I'm talking about the 26" tires.  Not the tractors.
>> For a couple of years they were not available.  I think you
>> can buy them now ..... for a price.  I've got 6 of them in my
>> yard right now.  All of them need replacing.
>>
> These are 14.9x26 tires on the AR. I have no idea as to how hard they
> are to find but just out of curiousity I searched kijiji and found a
> pair here in Sask. Good tires but the rims would not work for me without
> some modification.
> http://princealbert.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-heavy-equipment-farming-equipment-14-9x26-tractor-tires-W0QQAdIdZ496712473
> Mine are an open centre rim with six little raised lugs all around the
> inside for the clamp bolts to hold the rim onto the cast wheel. There
> are also two bigger lugs welded on either side of the valve stem which
> appear to be the drive lugs and fit into a groove in the cast wheel.
> They have a bit of extra welding on them that somebody has patched up in
> the past.
> I got most of the fluid out, then using the air chisel to get the
> biggest rust patches off the area around the stem and so far have not
> hit rubber:-). Now for some sand blasting.
>
> Ralph in Sask.

Check out my youtube channel, and spread the word!
http://www.youtube.com/tylerthetechy/