[AT] garden question; potatoes

toma at risingnet.net toma at risingnet.net
Wed Jun 19 10:58:22 PDT 2013

Quoting Charlie V <1cdevill at gmail.com>:

> Can you cultivate or till between the rows, then hill the taters when they
> get a little bigger to bury those weeds??   That is what I did when I grew
> patatos and it sort of worked.  Left a little hand work, but helped a lot.
>
> Charlie V.

I think this is the way to go. That is what a Cub was made for. Don't
give in to spraying herbicides on food crops. Help preserve the old
technology. You might have to invest in a few cultivator parts but
think of the challenge.

On the other hand if nothing has been done in the time this thread has
been going it is probably too late and the weeds have taken over.
Timing has a lot to do with it. Need to cultivate as soon as the
potatoes are out of the ground, maybe harrow before.