[AT] On Topic: Reintroduction letter

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Fri Jun 7 16:51:38 PDT 2013

Dad mowed a little over 4 acres of hay with his 100 mower just before
Memorial day. By far one of the finest sickle mower ever made. We used to
rent a lot of land when we farmed full-time. We would install an old blade
and secure the cutter bar at 90 deg. Then we could ride around the edges of
the fields and keep the tree branches cut. Also had a couple farms with
roads through the woods to get to the fields. As the equipment got bigger,
keeping the tree limbs cleared was a priority.

We did have a John Deere mower that may have cut heavy grass better, but for
mowing ditches and pond banks you had to be careful or else break a pitman.

John