[AT] Farmer's Welfare To Continue?

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Fri Jul 12 09:00:54 PDT 2013

Grant,  I believe the house would like to make cuts in both sides.
They split out the two sides to demonstrate the fact that 90% of the
ag budget is the foodstamp program and not a bunch of greedy farmers.
I agree with you.  I'd like to see all of the farm programs closed and let
the free market control farming.  I don't think I as a farm owner should
have to tell the USDA a damned thing about what I plant on my land.
The purpose of the subsidies is ultimately to protect the consumer by
stopping fluctuations in the market but I think we are technologically past
those days now.
The futures market and contracts with buyers handle supply and demand now.
The USDA is just getting in the way and mucking up the process.

Charlie