[AT] IH 350 U RUNS now hydraulic problem

toma at risingnet.net toma at risingnet.net
Sat Jan 26 14:17:11 PST 2013

Quoting Ron Cook <ron at lakeport-1.com>:

> Tom,
>      Yes.  There is a shaft inside that tube with an end that engages
> the throttle shaft on the carburetor.  It is not fastened, it slides
> off.  No problem.  Just like an H.

I got the carb off and back on. It is a little tricky getting that
tang lined up but I got it. I guess it is a good system, it keeps the
linkage from wearing. The carb had a mud dauber nest in it. That
happened since I have had it. I could not find how come it was
leaking. It has a gubber tipped needle in it so I could not re seat it
but it is not leaking now so that is good.

I got it running, now I am back to where I was a few years ago.

Now I have the hydraulic problem. I am not getting any pressure to the
power steering. I know there is a priority valve there somewhere, It
may be stuck. I think it worked when I first got it. There was a
broken gear tooth in the steering box. As I recall it would kind of
steer. After I got it torn apart I realized the left side was steering
with the box and the other side was steering with the power steering.
I did not run it much because the gas tank was full of water and I was
running it off a hose syphoning put of a gas can.

Now I cannot steer it at all without the power assist unless I lift
the front wheels off the ground with the bucket. I have the books for
it someplace.

Tom