[AT] lost

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Dec 21 16:38:37 PST 2013

On 12/21/2013 10:00 AM, Cecil R Bearden wrote:
> Ralph:
> When you talk of -20 deg, It makes me feel bad for complaining about the
> 1/2 inch of ice we have with 30 deg this morning.  It is still raining
> with  30 deg temps.  The ground is warm enough that it is only sticking
> on the bridges & overpasses, but that makes driving in OKC
> treacherous.   My wife got her mini van thawed out after running it for
> an hour.  I have not got the truck cleaned off yet as it ran for over an
> hour and still could not get the windshield thawed out..  Luckily I got
> a new supply of feed and put out bales yesterday.  Cows will be fed with
> the ATV this morning...
> We get ice here, this is starting out like the 2007 ice storm and the
> 2001 storm.  During the 2001 storm we were out of power for 27 days.
> Last year we ran a generator for 2 days during the ice....
> Cecil in oKla
I can not imagine going 27 days without electricity now as dependent as
this country is on it . We have been pretty fortunate as Sask. power
keeps the power flowing and I don't recall ever having more than a few
hours without electricity. I don't know of anybody that owns a generator
but no doubt there are a few out there. Some with wood heat would be ok.
My gas heater will still work without electricity and i guess with a
little help I could drag the old wood stove back into the house and hook
it up to the chimney. Still got some firewood stored out in the bin from
the wood burning days. Lets just hope the day never comes I need to do
that.

Ralph in Sask.