[AT] lost

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sun Dec 22 00:57:37 PST 2013

Yep that's the same kind of ice storm we used to get.
We haven't had one in 50 years but it will happen again.
That particular ice storm I wrote about earlier had everything
shut down.  Back then we had very little road clearing equipment
and what the DOT had wouldn't cut that solid ice off the pavement.
It just slid over the top of it pretty much.

I was a young teenager, not old enough to drive and still riding a
bicycle.  I took steel electric fence wire and straight laced it on
rear tire of my bike to make a "tire chain".  It actually worked pretty
well and I was able to ride it on the ice some without busting my
head.

The ice on the roof of the house slowly melted and as it ran off
it formed huge icicles on the eves.  The TV antenna wire ran over the
eve and down to the bottom of a window where the old twin lead fed
through under the window sash.   That wire formed into an icicle
almost as big as your coke can wires all the way down.

I sure hope I don't see that again soon!

Charlie