[AT] potato planting

Ron Cook ron at lakeport-1.com
Wed Apr 17 08:46:28 PDT 2013

When I moved to the acreage a few years back, I bought an AC "B" that
was in top shape with a 72 inch Woods belly mower.  Darned nice outfit.
Hydraulic lift, distributor ignition, 12 volt alternator, good lighting
with near new rubber and all.  Well, I found out there is some
difference in operating one at age 14 and at age 59. Somewhere in there
Allis Chalmers sneaked in and made the thing hard to get on and off of.
A friend is a big AC collector and he bought my B.  Still using it to
mow the lawn and building site on his farm 10 years later.  Nice little
outfit and not very expensive.  Wish I had not sold it.  It would have
been a good outfit to equip for potato work.  However, I would not buy
another because of the on-off issues.  Well.......price could enter in.

I used to drive an AC "B" to school instead of riding my bicycle. That
one is still on the family farm with the middle mounted sickle mower
still in use from time to time.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA