[AT] MF 135

drupert at seanet.com drupert at seanet.com
Mon Apr 8 08:15:35 PDT 2013

On 4/6/2013 6:59 PM, charlie hill wrote:
Dudley,  this is a question more than a suggestion because I just don't
know much about  those engines.  I'm wondering if you could use
plasti-gauge,tighten it down once on the plasti-gage, pull it back apart
to see how much shim you need, put in the correct shims the first time and
be done with it?

Charlie

Charlie, I certainly could.

I liken "shimming" to a successive approximation exercise with the object
being to determine the right amount of shims in the smallest number of
tries.  Plasti-gauge certainly helps in conducting this exercise.  If the
Crank is out shimming is relatively easy, however, and I might not bother
with using it (especially if I don't have any on hand).  But, when the
Crank is in, the Plasti-gauge is definitely a valuable item.

Dudley