[AT] Farmall C123 block cracks

Easley, Greg EasleyG at health.missouri.edu
Tue Jul 24 05:14:21 PDT 2012

I did a water jacket repair on my nephew's Farmall C nine or ten years ago.
Like the guys said, grind a vee along the crack and drill the ends.  Just
doing that will hold it for awhile.  If you want it to last cut a patch out
of 1/8" steel plate 2" longer and wider than the crack.  Drill for 1/4" cap
screws, tap the holes in the block, glom it with red RTV and fasten it down.
Don't forget to JB weld the crack, and let it cure for a day, before you apply
the patch.  Do it right and it's a permanent repair.