[AT] Tractor/Brush-hog

Charlie V 1cdevill at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 06:12:37 PDT 2012

 Fully agree with the previous posts, Roy.  A couple of things to keep
in mind.  With a newer tractor you should be getting a live PTO as
Mike pointed out  a n d power steering. The power steering will be
very helpful to enable your family members to use the tractor.   If
you wish to stay with the reliability of IH, a 340 would be minimum
for what you want to do and a little heavier would be better.  Many
newer than letter series tractors may have adjustable seats to add
comfort for various size operators.  I remember when I started out on
a Farmall Regular at age 7, the iron pipe support that held up the
steering wheel was not a friendly fixture.  I almost had to slide
ahead to the engine as the clutch pedal had an ample amount of free
travel.  The pain that could bring about was pretty similar to my
first two wheeled bicycle.

Shop carefully.  As you know, there is some real junk out there for a
high dollar, but also some decent machines at O.K. prices.

Charlie V.